Thursday, August 16, 2007

Lily Chin crochet scarf complete!

I completed my Lily Chin crochet red scarf a few nights ago. Just now wove in the ends and it is all happy and ready to go! I will post a pic later tonight. I also cast on my second red scarf last night. Well actually I was going to do My So Called Scarf (just like C4G) ... however I got so confuzzled, and I am sure it is not *that* difficult. For whatever reason that night I just could not or didn't want to wrap my mind around it. So I decided yesterday to keep a part of it and do my own thing! It is coming along pretty nice and I am liking the pattern it is making. I am not sure if it already has a stitch name or not.... but here is what I am doing...

I cast on 20 stitches on size 13 needles
Using some random on clearance yarn cotton with little flecks of fabric intertwined ( pic to come tonight as well)

Ok so cast on your 20 or however wide you wish it to be...just keep it an even number
Row :1 KNIT
***Row 2 is what I snagged from the my so called scarf pattern***
Row 2: *P2tog, do not slip stitches off the needle, purl the first stitch again, slip both stitches off needle*
Repeat rows 1 and 2 until done, weave in ends and enjoy!

The WSW Scarf! :o)

2 comments:

C4G said...

Oh yeah it took me a few tries to wrap my head around it, but once you've got it, it's easy. Just read the directions slowly and out-loud many times until it clicks. :) That always helps me. WOW! You are so fast!! I only have 7 of 60 inches done! EEP! The My So Called Scarf pattern produces a much thicker fabric than just the regular stockinette does. It should be very warm for whomever recieves it. :) Go WSW GO!

C4G said...

You know that pattern would probably go a lot faster!! I can't wait to see pictures!!